June 8th Re-opening Guidelines
A big thank you for all of your support over the last few months. If you have done solo rentals, simulator training, or on-line training with us recently, we appreciate your trust in us to provide you with a safe environment for you to enjoy your Cirrus life.
Mike Goulian Aviation is pleased to announce that we are gearing up for dual flight instruction and full-up aircraft rental on June 8th. To do this safely, we are instituting some new practices so that we can minimize the risk associated with contracting the COVID-19 virus and protect not only you, our valued customer, but also our customer service representatives and instructors. Let me just take a moment to outline some of the changes and practices we will have in place:
COVID-19 Related Practices:
If you feel unwell, please cancel your reservations or inform our team to cancel it for you. Within 24 hours of your reservation, please check your temperature and assess your health to make an informed decision.
- Our aircraft and simulator are sanitized after every flight with Cirrus approved cleaning products.
- Everyone in the plane is required to wear a mask covering nose and mouth when dual instruction is being conducted.
- Safety of flight must never be compromised, and immediate actions must be taken if your mask inhibits that.
- Masks are required in the office.
- Remain at least 6 feet apart to the greatest extent possible when in our Bedford and Plymouth offices.
- Be prepared to have your temperature checked at the door before entering our offices.
- Please be prepared to answer and sign a questionnaire regarding your travel and health history for the last 14 days on entry into our offices, updated every two weeks.
- More than one client may now rent an aircraft on any given day. Allow for one (1) hour between rentals on the same day. Please be patient as our customer service representatives clean, disinfect and sanitize the aircraft.
- Full-stop and shutdown at airports other than KBED and KPYM, cross-country and overnight rentals are authorized. Please familiarize yourself with the visitation requirements of the state and receive specific permission from MGAV prior to dispatch.
- We strongly advice you to use your own headsets. In a pinch, loaner headsets will be provided at $15/day. The cost is for MGAV to replace the microphone cover and sanitize the headset between uses.
- For rentals, please make sure to inform our team of your ETA. Aircraft will be ready for you on the ramp with the keys inside. You will not need to go in our office. Text or call (774) 404-5020 for KBED or (617) 283-2464 for KPYM upon arrival or prior to start up.
- We will not be using log book binders for the time being. Make sure to make a note of the Hobbs/Flt and inform our customer service team (text a photo or call with) the start and end times, # of landings, extra oil used, fuel purchased at FBOs and TKS/oxygen levels for SR22.
- If you are flying with a solo endorsement and do not have a SIDA badge, you will need an escort and can advise our team so that they can coordinate this with you.
- Wearing driving, latex, or similar type gloves during your flight is optional.
- Leave keys in the airplane after your flight. The MGAV team will clean and sanitize the airplane after your rental.
- Please review and sign the updated MGAV Commitment to MGAV and My Fellow Aviators document prior to your reservation.
We have a new MGAV Flight Operations Manual (FOM), which takes the place of the MGAV Safety Practices, Policies & Procedures Manual. The FOM is a complete rewrite and is more comprehensive. Please take time to read this manual as it formalizes the practices and procedures implemented at MGAV.